at the Education Museum
Research is part and parcel of every museum’s functions. At the Education Museum we focus on the researching the history of education.
- The history of education in the Western Cape
• We have vast institutional knowledge on the subject, plus
• many reference books in our Reference Library.
- The individual histories of schools
Mostly in the Western Cape, but from time to time we add information of schools in other provinces. This research is ongoing and will probably never be complete.
• Box files with information on many schools
• We are working on a growing database of schools’ histories, accessible in the cloud
• We are working on an online photographic collection of old school buildings.
If you have any information or photos to add, please Contact Us.
From time to time our programme demands that our staff research various topics that inform their activities with schools
9 Aliwal Rd, Wynberg, 7800
© 2021 Centre for Conservation Education